INTERACTIVE ISLAMIC CLASSES
FOR TEENAGERS AGED 15+
FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
FACILITATED BY SHAYKH AHMED ABDO
EVERY THURSDAY 6:00PM TO 6:45PM
STARTS 14 FEBRUARY 2019
8 WEEK PILOT PROGRAM
✔︎ To engage teenagers with their Islamic faith
✔︎ To extract relevant issues from the minds of teenagers
✔︎ To provide solutions to challenges faced by teenagers
✔︎ To grant teenagers insight into the beauty and depth of Islam
Questions we will cover:
▶︎ What are your challenges in being Muslim in a modern day society?
▶︎ Why does religion limit my freedom as an individual?
▶︎ Although I come from a Muslim family, there are times when I feel like I just don’t connect to my faith. Is that normal?
▶︎ If Allah has already decreed everything that happens, then how is it fair that we are punished for sins and disbelievers are destined to Hellfire?
▶︎ I know that I will come out like a new born baby without sins once I go to Hajj, so I’m going to live my life to the fullest now, and delay Hajj to when I reach 40. Is that ok?
▶︎ As long as I am not harming anyone else, I should be allowed to do whatever I feel like doing, shouldn’t I?
and many more
If you are planning your Hajj journey from Australia this year of 2019 / 1440, then Sacred Links is now open to take your registrations for Hajj in 2019.
We will be offering ONE Ultimate Package for Hajj in our first year, with 15 nights accommodation in total – no Aziziyah and no Shisha apartments – you will have the Makkah hotel room all the way during the period of Hajj. It’s easier on you and those travelling with you. Plus, an additional 2 nights in Jeddah with extra visits after Hajj.
Our 3rd Annual Youth Camp is the perfect Summer Holiday activity for your child where they will have lots of fun, as well as learn so much about their own identity, make superb friends, and have an absolute blast!
In a supportive Islamic environment, with both male and female Islamic scholars and teachers ready to guide and mentor your child through their life’s journey. Our QUL College senior teaching team of:
- Shaykh Ahmed Abdo
- Ustadha Genan Dadoun
- Shaykh Omar Habbouche
- Ustadha Feda Abdo
will be in attendance and offering Islamic lessons, classes and helping your son or daughter navigate their living as a confident young Muslim in a western society.
Shifa Institute is dedicated to bringing youth together in a positive and encouraging environment. As part of our programs, we would like to invite you to apply to have your child attend our 3rd Annual Family Camp over 4 days and 3 nights, from Friday 18th January 2019 to Monday 21st January 2019.
Registrations have now CLOSED.
Youth Camp 2019 Conditions
- You must submit an application form, then pay a $150 deposit for each child.
- Your application submission and deposit payment does not necessarily guarantee your child’s place on camp. Shifa Institute reserves the right to reject any applicant, whether or not there is a vacant space. If your application is not accepted, the deposit will be refunded.
- Each application will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. Once received, you will need to pay the deposit according to instructions in the confirmation email. Any application received without an accompanying deposit might not be considered, unless you advise us otherwise.
- If the deposit cannot be made for any reason, you must contact us for alternative arrangements.
- Applications will be assessed, and a confirmation of your child’s place will be sent by email.
- Once your child’s place is confirmed, the balance will need to be paid by 17 January 2019. If the balance is not paid, your child’s place on camp may be forfeited and offered to another person.
- In the case that your child can no longer attend for any reason, you must advise us immediately so that your place can be offered to someone else. In this situation, Shifa Institute reserves the right to withhold an administration fee from the deposit.
- You must advise us of any existing health, medical, behavioural, psychological or mental issues your child may experience. This is to ensure we have the necessary resources and support at hand to provide the most comfortable and supportive environment for all boys and girls in attendance.
- Your child will need to be at the designated departure point (Bass Hill) by 8:30am on Friday 18/1/2019. Bus departs promptly at 9:00am.
- The group returns to the arrival point (Bass Hill) approximately 11:45am on Monday 21/1/2019.
- A complete list of conditions will be provided upon acceptance of your child’s place.