A family camp in a safe and encouraging environment for mums, dads, grandparents, and children!
Shifa Institute is dedicated to bringing families together in a positive and encouraging environment. As part of our programs, we would like to invite you to apply to attend our 2nd Annual Family Camp over 4 days and 3 nights, from the 11th to 14th October 2018.
Fill in the registration form and follow the instructions below to secure your place! Registrations are NOW OPEN.
Family Camp 2018 Conditions
- You must submit an application form, and pay a $200 non-refundable deposit for your family
- Your application submission and deposit payment does not necessarily guarantee your family a place on camp. Shifa Institute reserves the right to reject any applicant, whether or not there is a vacant space. If your application is not accepted, the deposit will be refunded.
- The majority of rooms have internal ensuite bathroms. However, there will be up to 4 rooms having shared bathroom facilities. For some of these 4 rooms, the bathrooms will be in a nearby separate male/female amenities block. Shifa Institute reserves the right to allocate families’ rooms based on practical needs.
- Closing date for applications is 5:00pm on 29 August 2018.
- Each application will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. Once received, you will need to pay the deposit of $200 according to the Shifa Institute bank details in the confirmation email. Any application received without an accompanying deposit will not be considered.
- If the deposit cannot be made for any reason, you must contact us for alternative arrangements.
- Applications will be assessed, and a confirmation of your family’s place will be sent by 3 September 2018.
- Once your family’s place is confirmed, the balance will need to be paid by 17 September 2018. If the balance is not paid, your family’s place on camp may be forfeited and offered to another family.
- In the case that your family can no longer attend for any reason, you must advise us immediately so that your place can be offered to someone else. In this situation, an administration fee will be withheld from the deposit.
- Your family should plan to arrive at the camp venue by 11:30am on Thursday 11/10/2018
- Departure will be after breakfast on Sunday 14/10/2018
- A complete list of conditions will be provided upon acceptance of your family’s place
QUL College Dates for Term 3, 2018
FRIDAYS 5:00pm to 7:30pm
(9 Teaching Weeks)
Starts: Friday 27 July 2018
Last day: Friday 21 September 2018
SATURDAYS 8:00am to 12:00pm
(9 Teaching Weeks)
Starts Saturday 28 July 2018
Last day: Saturday 22 September 2018
Classes will continue as normal during the weekend of Eid.
We are taking registrations for QUL College 2018. If you are interested in enrolling your children aged 5 to 16, fill in the below form. This year, we are offering students the option of enrolling in Friday, Saturday, or both days.
The modules offered on Saturday will be different to Friday. If you are interested in enrolling in BOTH days for your child, this would need to be discussed with our teachers after your below form is submitted. The modules and their levels may be adjusted to meet the levels of students who will be enrolled.
Friday Stream 5:00pm to 7:30pm
- Knowing Allah (99 Names of Allah, Memorisation and Commentary)
- The Mighty Prophets (Stories of the Prophets)
- Arabic Language (Beginners and Intermediate: Vocabulary, grammar, reading)
- Islamic Character Building (Adab)
- Living Strong (Sport)
- Prayer and Adhkar in Congregation (al-Ratib al-Shaheer)
Saturday Stream (Rawdah stream, 5-7 years old) 8:00am to 12:00pm
- Arabic (Learning how to read, letters and words) – 2 sessions
- Arabic (Basic writing, letters and words) – 1 session
- Amazing Duas – 1 session
- Storytime (Stories of the Prophets) – 1 session
- Living Strong (Sport) – 1 session
- Recess (snack break)
- Duha Prayer
- Morning Invocations (al-Wird al-Latif)
Nightly Ramadan Taraweeh Program for 2018 at Sir Joseph Banks High School
Starts 7pm each night of Ramadan. Due to limited space, we would appreciate if you could register your attendance here.
Solutions Focused Youth Summit
Our Solutions Focused Youth Summit is set to be the platform for creativity and leadership. Our team of inspiring and motivated young people are ready to bring their best ideas to cook up the best solutions the world has seen!
We have tweaked the program slightly, with an opportunity for our young people to record a video at the end of the day.
And we have lowered the minimum age to 9 years old.
In reflecting upon the miraculous journey of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon him) journey to Jerusalem, then to the Heavens…
We realise that in his meeting every single Prophet in Masjid al-Aqsa, and passing by Bethlehem which was the birthplace of Prophet Jesus, that his journey had a global message.
He even passed by the grave of Prophet Moses.
So we are opening up the event of Isra and Mi’raj, and its spiritual lessons, to the entire community. If you have a friend who isn’t Muslim, they are also welcome to attend.
Some delicious free food will be shared, as well as a wonderful Nasheed performance by al-Bashir Nasheed Group.
It’s going to be held at the Bill Lovelee Youth Centre in Chester Hill this Friday at 5:30pm.
The hall has limited capacity, so you MUST register by clicking HERE if you are attending.