Chances are you have never taken a course and opportunity like this. It’s fun. Exciting. Practical.
This is open for expressions of interest for all young people (boys and girls) aged between 12 and 25 years of age.
You need to be mature in thought, creative in mind, and ready to get your hands dirty (with organic compost, worms and soil!).
If you are one of the lucky participants, in a few months (or more) time, you will have the pleasure and honour of seeing the fruits (literally) of your efforts through real, wholesome food production.
This Permaculture Urban Garden project requires commitment throughout the year of 2020 (and beyond if you’re keen) with the growing of nutritious food, maintenance of the garden, and taking care of the animals.
By expressing your interest through this form, you are also ready to commit time beyond the 4-Day initial training to volunteer as part of a dynamic youth team to produce the most amazing and spectacular Permaculture Urban Garden in Sydney.
Due to limited spaces for the training, your completing this application is not a confirmation of acceptance into the project.
We will contact the shortlisted candidates to advise them of the outcome of their application. To assist in our shortlisting, we may need to conduct a phone interview to assess the suitability of the applicant.
Those that don’t make it into the initial 4-Day Training may still have an opportunity to assist throughout the year in caring and maintaining the Permaculture Urban Garden.
Funding for this Permaculture course which is part of the Synchronised Serenity Project has been provided by the NSW Government through Multicultural NSW.
4 Days Permaculture Training (Theory and In-Field in an Urban Garden)
- Day 1: Saturday 11th January 2020, 10am to 2pm
- Day 2: Sunday 12th January 2020, 10am to 2pm
- Day 3: Monday 13th January 2020, 10am to 2pm
- Day 4: Tuesday 14th January 2020, 10am to 2pm
All Permaculture Training will be conducted by a certified Permaculture Designer and Trainer
Implementation of Participant Urban Permaculture Design Concepts
- Starts in February 2020. Regular time to be confirmed, likely either Saturday afternoons or Sunday mornings.
Ongoing Maintenance of Urban Garden Project
- Gradually introducing different design elements into the backyard urban garden
- Creating food forest, herb and vegetable gardens
- Caring for selected garden animals
Youth Mentoring of Other Youth Helpers
- As the urban garden expands, you will have the opportunity to mentor and guide other youth who express interest in helping with the maintenance and upkeep of the garden
- For those that show deep interest and commitment, you will be assisted with further Permaculture training by some of the best trainers and authorities on Permaculture in Australia